- Falls Park is a natural oasis in the middle of Greenville that the city has spared no effort in maintaining. People of all ages can join in many outdoor activities. There are sculptures, art and the unique Liberty Bridge that provides a scenic walkway above the park and river. There is also the benefit of the Swamp Rabbit Trail which hooks Falls Park to Cleveland Park.
- Into science and learning about it? Check out Roper Mountain Science Center. This learning center is dedicated to inspiring and encouraging interest in natural science, space and physical science. There is a planetarium, arboretum, living history farm, butterfly world and an observatory. They offer programs for youth and adults alike all year long.
- More into static art? The Greenville County Museum of Art is one of the top in the U.S. It features American art with a focus on South Carolina based and Southern U.S. artists. There are a wide variety of programs on Sunday afternoons for your enjoyment.
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate is a place for hands-on and interactive learning. It hopes to interest children in exploring, discovering and questioning through displays, exhibits, programs and workshops.
- Built on a six-acre campus and situated next to Falls Park is the Peace Center. Known as a cultural center and performing arts hub. There are more than 300 events here each year. It is also home to the Greenville Symphony Orchestra, Greenville Chorale, Carolina Ballet Theater, South Carolina’s Children’s Theater and the International Ballet. Whew!
- How about a Segway tour of Greenville? Offered year-round and seven days a week, it is a great way to explore the city. Take the Historic West End and Falls Park tour to see a bustling city and then glide along the Swamp Rabbit Trail and through Falls Park. For the more mysterious side, take the Haunted Segway Tour and meander through a cemetery and buildings of the mills along the river.
- Artisphere! It is an annual event but what an event! You just might want to plan your vacation time around this one. It is a huge multi-cultural event with music, food, displays, exhibits, and demonstrations.
- Finally…The TD Saturday Market. On Saturday morning between May and October, downtown Greenville’s Main Street comes alive with over 75 vendors selling the freshest produce, jewelry, clothing, arts and crafts, food and other wonderful items. Enjoy live music, see cooking demos and taste, taste, taste!
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.
Please contact Victoria Cottle by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in The Upstate of South Carolina!