Once again it is the Christmas season and there are events galore planned for this month. Here is a list of some of them.
- Greenville Poinsettia Christmas Parade. December 1st on Main St in downtown Greenville. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Mauldin’s 12 Days of Christmas. December 1st through December 10th. Several holiday happenings during this time.
- A Christmas Carol. Showings through December 22nd weekly on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. See link for times and prices.
- Ice on Main returns this year on December 2. Hours Monday-Thursday 3pm to 8pm. Saturday 11am to 9pm and Sunday 11am to 7pm.
- Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! The traveling exhibition from the Charles M. Schulz Museum at the Upcountry History Museum until February 10th, 2019. See link for times and prices.
- Christmas Carolers will stroll and sing holiday favorites along Main Street the weekends of Dec 8 and 15.
- Come out to see our downtown merchants transform their windows for the holiday season. Vote for your fav Dec 1-15.
- Wednesday, Dec 12th Fidelity sponsors A Christmas Story in Falls Park.
- NOMA square will be transformed for the holiday with lights and decorations.
On the real estate front, latest numbers from CoreLogic for South Carolina shows that home prices rose 0.4 percent in September and show signs of continuing to rise despite the lag nationally.
CoreLogic continues to show the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin metro areas being overvalued and is predicted they will stay that way through 2023.
Meanwhile, Greenville gets a local economic boost hosting . This results in 4,000 hotel room nights and lots of money spent on eats and gas. The economic impact is expected to be around $6 million.
And remember if you, a friend or family member need assistance with selling or buying a home. Referrals and people needing are welcome!..