- With the click of a mouse, you can take a photo or video tour of the Upstate and Greenville? Located on the Greenville Convention & Visitors Bureau website is a large photo and video library filled with the sites of Greenville. Photos cover not only events, but scenery throughout the foothills. Hover over a thumbnail to get details or click their graphic for video.
- The Earth Market is relocating to NOMA Square in front of the Hyatt. Formerly held on Thursdays on Rutherford Road, it will now be held on the third Wednesday of the month from 3-7 pm through September. Unique to the Earth Market is that products are sold only by their own producers committed to being Organic.
- An organic cotton outfitter named "Spiritex" will open (July 1) in downtown Greenville at 123 North Main Street. All items sold at Spiritex are made in-house. Marylou Marsh is a pioneer in the eco-fashion industry working with organic cotton. Featured will be women's clothing, menswear, bedding and sheets and accessories, all made in Greenville.
- Chris Manley, co-founder of Engenius, is nominated for the state's Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. Criteria includes being under 30 and having at least a 3 year old growing company. Read more about his story at GreenvilleOnline.com.
- Existing home sales rose 9.4 percent Nationally to almost 4.3 million in 2012 after four years (2008-2011) of relatively flat activity. Investment home sales also rose in 2011 and 2012 and are holding strong this year. Expected to rise this year are mortgage interest rates with 30-year fixed possibly reaching 4.0% during the fourth quarter.
[Source: U.S. Census Bureau]