My 2013 calendars have hit the streets! If you didn't get one, email your address to me today if you want one.
Happening this weekend, the Clarity Spelling Bee. Starts Saturday morning, January 26th at 9:00 am and goes until 12:00 pm. Located at the BMW Zentrum on 1400 Hwy 101 South, Greer. This spelling bee is Upstate SC's largest for 4th, 5th and 6th graders. At least 80 students will test their spelling skills in an exciting environment. Get more info. Or contact Casey Lipscomb, 864-331-1439. Registration fee: $15.
Also this weekend, on Saturday:
- "Eurydice" at the Warehouse Theatre, 37 Augusta St. Call 864-235-6948 for details.
- Classic Country Band with Ed Burrell at the Greer Opry House, 107 Cannon st. Call 864-801-1999 for info.
- Greenville Little Theatre's Studio 444: 24-hr Play Festival, 444 College St. Call 864-233-6238 for details.
- Rick Wade's Elvis and the Tribute to the Legends show, Walhalla Civic Auditorium, 101 E. N. Broad St, Walhalla. Call 864-638-5277 for details.
- Rock N Roll Forever, Centre Stage, 501 River St, Greenville. Call 864-233-6733 for details.
- Short Haired Grace, Clemson Little Theatre, 214 S Mechanic St, Pendleton. Call 864-646-8100 for info.
- Halestorm, The Handlebar, 304 E. Stone Ave. Call 864-233-6173 for details. Admission $16-$18.
Next week there are Auditions for Greenville Chamber Singers. This is a four-part all women's chorus. Auditions are from 5 - 7 pm at John Knox Presbyterian Church on January 28th. Contact Pat Fuller at 864-244-3340 for an apt or visit www.GreenvilleChamberSingers.org.
Upcoming February Events
The Greenville Road Warriors are back and you can catch several local games. Playing on Saturday, Feb 16th, Monday Feb 18th and Sunday, Feb 24th. Times vary. All games at the BI-LO Center on 650 North Academy St, Greenville. Check website for more details. Admission: $10.
Coming up February 23 is the C. Dan Joyner Mission Backpack 5K and 1 mile walk. In memory of C. Dan Joyner, this fundraiser will raise funds for Mission Backpack which supplies food to elementary children in need in Greenville. 5K starts at 8:00 am. 1 mile walk starts at 8:15 am. More information. There is a registration fee. Location: First Baptist Church, 847 Cleveland St, Greenville.